COATD is proud to present our annual conference filled with learning trends and new ideas to develop and design learning solutions with technology.
7:30am Registration; Breakfast Networking
8:00 – 9:15 General Session: Building the Modern Workplace Professional with Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor directs learning technology and online learning at Mindset Digital in Columbus, Ohio.
He has an MBA from Ohio University and a Master's in Learning Design and Technology from San Diego State.
9:15 – 9:30 Networking Break
9:30 – 10:30 Breakout sessions AM:
- Tool Time Panel: A quick review of some of the top tools used by designers and developers.
- User and SME-Generated Content: Adding Guardrails: Provide simple, useful techniques that SMEs can use to make use generated training more effective.
- Engage! How to Instructionally Design Gamification into Learning Solutions: Make your online and classroom training more memorable and effective by understanding and designing gamification techniques.
10:45 – 11:45 Breakout sessions AM:
- Using PowerPoint for More Than Presentations: Tips and tricks for using PPT for animation, art editing, creating handouts and more.
- Podcasting for Learning: For the right audience, podcasts (episodic audio files) can be an excellent learning solution. Not only can we produce and distribute podcasts cheaply, we can also listen to podcasts for our own personal development.
- The Secrets to Microlearning that Works: Award-winning Recipes for Impacting Performance: Walk away from this interactive presentation with the best principles for microlearning. Takeaways include a handout with a variety of microlearning resources that will support you in creating effective microlearning.
11:45 – 12:45 Lunch
12:45 – 1:45 Breakout Sessions PM
- Video Killed the Radio Star (and the Lecturer!): When applied to Adult Learning, we need to pay attention to what is appropriate in using video to learn content? Why use video over lecture in a classroom? How the heck do you create a VIDEO training session/series? Join us for a lively discussion on this topic!! Be prepared to be engaged (forewarning)!
- Performance Support: Learning at Your Fingertips: From step-by-step instructions to videos and more, learn about creating performance support solutions that give your learners the information they need, when they need it, in a way that works for them.
- An eLearning Developers Journey on Accessibility: Learn how to meet the needs of various learners including those who may have vision impairments, hearing impairments, limited mobile dexterity, cognitive impairments, or language barriers.
1:45 – 2:00 Networking Break
2:00 – 2:45 Breakout Sessions PM
- 6 crucial video tips from 2 industry professionals: “My kid can make a video how hard can it be?” The truth is, anyone can make a video, but will it be good enough for your audience? Join us on a rapid-fire journey to better video creation.
- None of the Above: Common Pitfalls for Multiple-Choice Assessments: Often times, clever test takers can guess the correct answer by not having the content knowledge you wish to assess. Don’t believe us? Test your deduction skills in this session, featuring the game Multiple Choice Mayhem, the only game where poorly written questions make you win big!
- Emerging Technologies: AR, VR, Interactive Video “an open dialogue”: Learn about augmented reality, virtual reality, interactive video and other new technologies being used for training.
2:45 – 3:00 Break
3:00 – 4:00 Closing General Session Panel: How Do You Keep Up with the Pace of Technology?
It is becoming a second career discovering and learning about new and emerging technologies and teach techniques for the L & D professional. Learn tricks for curation of information and who to follow on social media.
4:00: Closing & Prizes
*Speaker information will be available on event app a few weeks before the event.
Breakfast,lunch and afternoon snack will be provided to event registrants.