Trainer (Full Time)
(Salary Range $51,938-$67,519)
This position is responsible for the effective design, coordination and delivery of training and development programs for all employees. Partners with management to ensure tracking and measurement of all training is complete. Responsible for training preparation including design, logistics, materials, and scheduling.
Performs duties in alignment with the 2019 2024 COTA Strategic Plan and in support of the organization's vision To Move Every Life Forward.
- Develops training programs, processes, and supporting materials; prepares training courses;
- 50% of this position will be spent delivering instructor led training;
- 25% of this position will be spent designing curriculum
- Utilizes the Learning Management System to track and measure training deliverables for the organization;
- Utilizes the ADDIE or SAM design methodology to develop training programs;
- Coordinates and delivers all embedded base training as needed;
- Responsible for training internal processes based on knowledge, skills and expertise and provides the opportunity to share information, ideas, and concerns; maintains contact with all departments to discuss current business objectives and support needed for delivering related training programs;
- Assists managers and supervisors with staff development plans; Conducts research necessary to develop effective training programs, goals and objectives; develops facilitator guides and materials; writes and produces participant's materials; publicizes/promotes training through web, posters, memos, letters, etc.; coordinates scheduling of training activities; conducts and facilitates training programs; evaluates the learning/skill development; retains organized records of training programs and participants;
- Coordinates system-wide training and development activities for the Authority, including partnership with external training providers; establishment of concrete communication channels.
- May be required to be available through a mobile device via voice and/or data during and outside of normal working hours, at the manager's discretion, and must respond within a reasonable timeframe;
- Regular, predictable and punctual attendance required; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or related field and four (4) years training delivery and design experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical Trainer (CTT+) certification preferred.
- DDI Certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience using MS Office Suite and Learning Management Systems;
- Experience using Adobe Suite, including InDesign; Adobe Connect;
- Experience with Instructional Design tools, such as Camtasia, SharePoint, Articulate and Veyond;
- Knowledge of federal/state regulations related to training, harassment, employment, and discrimination;
- Knowledge of development, delivery and management of training and development services;
- Skills in emotional intelligence;
- Skills in critical thinking;
- Skills in verbal and written communication;
- Skills in human relations;
- Ability to develop and complete training needs assessments and develop training curriculum for all levels of employees; and
- Ability to relate to all levels of employees within the organization and to deliver on projects and activities using both an individual and team-based approach.
Click the link below to apply