The Senior Manager / Manager, Learning & Development is accountable for the development and delivery of talent development programs, change management initiatives and supports organizational design and development efforts. Leads a team of Program Managers and Development & Delivery Specialists who are responsible for driving talent initiatives which support the execution of business strategies and enhance performance to deliver excellence. This leader will support, enhance and maintain our high performance culture by delivering holistic talent programs based on the thoughtful assessment, identification, and prioritization of learning requirements. By aligning with key stakeholders, and implementing best-in-class learning practices, this team will show direct impact on our associates and the achievement of our business initiatives.
Position will be filled at the Sr Mgr or Mgr level based on the successful candidate’s qualifications.
Reports to the Director, Learning & Development.
Essential Job Functions
- Leads team performance and development. Communicates expectations of individual performance and establishes standards. Sets goals with team, reviews progress and makes changes as necessary. Works with associates to create development plans based on their goals and level of performance. Guides associate behavior by leading with and demonstrating leadership competencies.
- Prioritizes personal and team efforts while eliminating roadblocks. Leverages strengths to align team members with initiatives and to ensure appropriate distribution of work assignments. Re-evaluates team infrastructure regularly to meet the changing needs of the business. Identifies and projects needs to proactively allocate resources.
- Partners with both operational leadership and corporate executives in conjunction with functional HR Business Partners to advance and improve individual, team, and organizational performance.
- Ultimately accountable for the development and implementation of all learning programs that onboard and develop new and existing talent at all levels of the organization. Ensures content that connects with the adult learner and provides immediate application and retention. Provides design assistance when needed.
- Leads team members to coordinate needed resources and facilitators to launch and maintain successful programs.
- Leads team to drive consistency, quality, and effectiveness. Ensures initiatives align with the needs and goals of the business as measured by time to competence, associate engagement, new hire retention, and other appropriate measures. Assists in program evaluation processes and metrics to assess and monitor the effectiveness of programs and their return on investment. Leverages insights to influence change and improvement.
- Keeps current on trends, researches and benchmarks best practices in order to provide innovative solutions. Recommends new technologies and emerging innovations in the learning and development industry and implements solutions that continue to build on Alliance Data's passion for developing talent.
- Continually evaluates development programs against the organization’s business plan and the needs of our internal and external clients.
- Partners with Learning & Development leadership team to build, implement, and manage department strategy roadmaps, ensuring quality and delivery of commitments while adhering to operating budget.
Bachelors’ Degree in HR, Business, Adult Education or related discipline.
- Experience in the HR field, leading critical business initiatives
- Proven record of leading high performing teams
- Manager level – 5+ years leading teams in a high growth, fast-paced, global organization within Learning and Development
- Senior Manager level – 8+ years of leadership experience within Learning and Development
- Demonstrated success leveraging various learning methods, channels and technology, designed for diverse audiences at all levels, including virtual teams
- Experience with the development, design, facilitation and evaluation of learning and development programs
- Experience with Change Management
- Some experience in Articulate, Adobe or other eLearning tools, preferred
Knowledge, skills, abilities
- Excellent leadership skills, coaching, feedback and performance management
- Strong professional presence and ability to interact with all levels of leadership, including executive committee
- Skilled in building influential relationships with key internal and external partners
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate complex issues succinctly, create and conduct effective presentations
- Flexibility and adaptability; manages ambiguity and change effectively. Serves as an “agent of change”
- Ability to think strategically while linking broader vision to tactical solutions
- Ability to connect key metrics with desired outcomes
- Working knowledge of LMS (Cornerstone, Work Day)
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements
Flexible work environment, some travel may be required
3-8 Direct reports
For more information please contact Max Byers firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply at: https://knowmoresellmore.com/careers