Link To Apply: Learning---Performance-Consult_56347
Job Summary: Conducts advanced level consultation and/or delivery of Learning and Performance classes for associate and management groups across the company and disciplines. Consults in and leads the design and development of whole systems solutions including, process, information mapping, and development or recommendation of performance improvement solutions. Identifies ideal and actual performance required to meet business needs and guides management in taking actions that moves performance toward ideal. May provide significant contribution to division and corporate wide cross discipline initiatives and projects.
- Experience with conducting video shoots - scheduling, coordination, creation (shooting/recording), editing, and publishing of multi-media pieces (videos and podcast)
- Procure talent, record, and edit voiceover for consumption in eLearning courses
- Experience developing eLearning courses using Articulate - Storyline
- Prefer experience using products such as Photoshop, AfterEffects, and PremierPro.
- RP Private Sector business knowledge
Reports to: Manager or Director, Learning & Performance. No direct reports.
1. Conducts technical, professional and management training classes and programs including, developmental or interactive skills training to entry through advanced level associates. Identifies, sources and schedules delivery resources for identified Learning and Performance needs.
2. Evaluates the effectiveness of performance solutions against established metrics and ROI expectations in meeting department plans, corporate goals and strategies. Provides assistance or feedback in the design of Learning and Performance evaluation tools.
3. Designs and develops learning solutions to meet identified performance gaps for all levels of associates and management. May identify and source or partner with technical or third party resources to ensure appropriate design and development solution.
4. Partners and consults with business leaders to analyze performance gaps. Performs needs analysis to determine performance gap solutions consistent with business needs, learning department goals and corporate strategies.
5. Markets department resources and communicates programs and curriculum to potential customers. Develops marketing materials to promote services, products and curriculum. Partners, consults and influences business units value perception and utilization of Learning and Performance services.
6. Identifies, schedules and prepares subject matter experts or other identified resources to develop, evaluate and deliver learning solutions within budget. Creates forecast and estimates of project costs.
7. Leads Learning and Performance related projects which may include skill based assignment, customer service training initiatives and team effectiveness across disciplines or regions.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate degree preferred with emphasis in business, education, psychology or related discipline desired Advanced studies in instructional technology, management, organization development, or the behavioral sciences leading to a master's or doctorate degree preferred.
Designations/ Certifications: Professional certification such as CPLP certification strongly preferred. Progress toward technical designation such as CPCU or equivalent designation desired. In some business units there may be additional regulatory requirements for specific certifications (i.e., NASD series in NF).
Experience: Typically requires eight or more years experience in learning and development, organizational development/effectiveness, and in internal and external consulting. Strong instructional design, skill assessment, measurement methodology, needs assessment, change management and facilitation experience required. Technical insurance industry experience desired in addition to professional learning and development experience.
Knowledge: Strong knowledge of consulting practices, organization interventions, facilitation, needs analysis, team building, and the design and delivery of leadership, professional and technical courses.
Skills/ Competencies: Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to relate to and explain complex technical concepts. Comfort Around business leaders. Ability to learn on the fly, negotiate and problem solve to resolution. Strategic agility and able to deal with ambiguity and influence without authority. Strong interpersonal savvy and business acumen required.
Regulatory Requirements: Associates must obtain all required Federal and/or state licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit. Additional licenses/registrations may be required when new products and services are implemented. If an associate fails or is unable to obtain required licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit, the associate will be ineligible to continue in the position.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions: Staffing exception to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the AVP/VP and Human Resources.
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (exempt)
Working Conditions: May require physical ability to stand while teaching and to move furniture, equipment and supplies around classroom. Potential for travel and non-standard work hours.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.