What Learning Technologies contributes to Cardinal Health
Learning Technologies is responsible for building organizational capability that supports business strategy and employee development by analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating learning solutions. The Senior Specialist, Learning Technologies is responsible for the utilization and maintenance of the Learning Management Platforms for Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions.
- Demonstrates knowledge and advises on usage of learning technologies (including learning management systems), Cardinal Health desktop technical environment, authoring tools, and interfaces
- stays abreast of trends for new technology
- defines technical standards and best practices.
- Demonstrates knowledge of learning methodologies to analyze, recommend, design and develop learning solutions and technology strategies to address performance, skill, and knowledge gaps and drive technical capabilities.
- Implements and maintains a validated learning management system in compliance with FDA and Cardinal Health company policies and procedures through LMS governance and adherence to validation processes, audits, and documentation of Standard Operating Procedures/Work Instructions.
- Guides and supports LMS administrators, content owners and other users to analyze and resolve problems. Provides training strategy consultation, designs and develops learning solutions and communications, outlines remediation plans and conducts functional testing of courses and system.
- Serves as the business liaison and manages external vendors to ensure outsourced programs/products meet internal requirements and objectives.
- Follows up on customer/employee inquiries and questions regarding LMS, training programs and procedures; Appropriately escalates customer support calls to the next level when needed.
- Maintains learning management system including ensuring data integrity; assists departments and users with data issues, including the addition, deletion and maintenance of system users.
- Guides and supports LMS administrators, content owners and other users to analyze and resolve problems.
- Provides LMS user assistance.
- Manages course assignments made to users.
- Manages community areas within the LMS.
- Conducts functional testing of courses and system.
- Work closely with IT Call Desk to provide user support.
- Generates custom solutions reports and metrics.
- With manager, recommends solutions and/or requests system modification to support documented business needs.
- Provides support for training department programs, including training logistics, communications and accounts payable functions as determined by department manager
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 2+ years experience in related field, preferred.
- Prior LMS administration experience, preferred.
- Applies working knowledge of learning technologies and learning management systems.
- Above average use of standard Microsoft office support software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced ability to create and manipulate Excel spreadsheets
- Strong organization skills, self-directed and the ability to work with a team.
- Customer-focused approach in attaining desired results.
- Works with moderate supervision/guidance; accountable for individual results and impact on team.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job, visit this link: https://jobs.cardinalhealth.com/search/jobdetails/sr-specialist-learning-technologies/969d5205-f2dd-416e-87a8-f114cfe2fddf