Join a growing, influential design and development team whose span reaches across our medical segment sales teams and leaders, as well as our broader enterprise. As part of the Learning and Development Center of Excellence, you will have exposure to many facets of our business, opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally, and plenty of development projects to keep you satisfied!
What Instructional Design & Development contributes to Cardinal Health
Instructional Design & Development is responsible for creating and implementing blended learning solutions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of adult learning principles and concepts, instructional design theory, and measurement and evaluation methods.
- Consults with business leaders and subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify performance needs and recommend solutions.
- Uses instructional design methodology to design, develop and/or deliver blended learning solutions.
- Evaluates and measures instructional solutions to gauge effectiveness.
- Partners with external vendors to ensure programs/products meet requirements and objectives.
- Uses e-learning authoring software programs to develop and deliver interactive training experiences.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions while partnering with members of the Learning Technologies Team to add, administer and maintain training in the learning management system.
- Facilitates instructor-led training demonstrating effective use of presentation and facilitation tools, techniques, and materials, etc.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Design, develop, and produce self-directed e-modules, webinars and simulations, videos for learning, digital game-based learning and performance support tools.
- Convert ideas, experiences, and knowledge from subject matter experts or publications into engaging and interactive learning assets for both online learning and classroom experiences.
- Adapt materials created for one format to another, such as converting a classroom-based course to a digital delivery format.
- Create work products such as participant workbooks, leader guides, storyboards, classroom activities and job aids.
- Learn new technology quickly and stay abreast of current industry trends.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Work well with virtual teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- Proficiency in these areas: instructional design, instructional technology, and project management
- Ability to create and develop online learning using the traditional ADDIE model and the more contemporary Rapid Prototype models
- Write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts, and video scripts
- Ability to utilize the capabilities of eLearning development tools and software
- Know how to facilitate and work effectively with SME’s
- Able to conduct effective research
- Be cross culturally competent, need to understand the needs of a broad audience and learning styles
- A media expert: online videos, audio, course development software, Microsoft Office Suite, video recording, image selection and creation
- Know the following tools: Articulate Storyline, basic HTML, TechSmith Camtasia Studio, Presenter, Adobe Creative Suite, and others used for audio and video editing, as well as for creation of games and simulations
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply, visit this link: https://jobs.cardinalhealth.com/search/jobdetails/consultant-instructional-design--development/1e6e95a2-4210-47a0-ba03-d46f3e60ef45