The LMS (branded as BuckeyeLearn) Consultant is responsible for the administration of the learning management system (LMS) for the Medical Center (as of September 2018 we use Cornerstone – Learning). This leader will identify solutions to issues that satisfy impacted Medical Center stakeholders; be accountable for SLA/OLAs with stakeholders; manage competing priorities from a significant number of stakeholders through prioritization efforts; oversee the implementation of new use cases; and ensure the application is operating in accordance with approved operating requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
(40%) Planning and Oversight
Collaborate with the Instructional Design counterpart in assuring that all projects of the entire team are properly resourced.
Review project plans to identify internal opportunities for improvement of the team. Work with IT in using their IT service management system (currently eServices) for more efficient working of the team.
Identify long term plans for the use of the LMS with the possible interface with the ERP solution for the university & Medical center (WorkDay system.)
Advocate for the LMS needs of the Medical Center when collaborating with campus BuckeyeLearn team.
Collaborate with the campus BuckeyeLearn manager to develop, define and adopt rules for new system feature implementation and rollouts.
Participate actively on the BuckeyeLearn Operations Committee.
(20%) Communication with Medical Center leadership
Help in orienting and training administrators for the Medical Center.
- Assure quality of work by administrators by conducting quality audits.
- Facilitate quarterly meetings with administrators.
- Work with the campus BuckeyeLearn administrator in securing additional security roles for Medical Center staff.
- Assist Directors and managers to obtain and analyze audit reports for eLearning compliance.
- Assists in facilitating the Education Oversight Committee in order to develop policies and processes related to learning for Medical Center staff.
- Work with the Medical Center SMEs and leadership on the features and the use of the LMS to meet learning needs.
(20%) Research and Planning
Discover new features and business opportunities for the software to improve efficiency.
- Determine how the LMS can ensure that the business and learning needs of the Medical Center are met.
- Develop a plan to eventually utilize competencies and how the LMS can be used to interface with business software.
(20%) Quality and supervision
Delegates work requests that are submitted to the BuckeyeLearn team.
- Directly supervises the BuckeyeLearn Coordinator.
- Works closely with the Senior BuckeyeLearn Analyst to assure that current workload is realistic and achievable.
- Adjust workflow and/or timelines in order to assure completion of required work.
- Develop and maintain a systematic approach to quality review and reporting for the LMS. Provide quarterly metrics to the Learning Architecture Team Manager.
- All other duties as assigned.
Practices within the Medical Center's policies and procedures. Adheres to the Medical Center values and promise statements as demonstrated through positive patient/guest relations, positive and effective interactions with staff, and formulating and meeting developmental goals.
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in LMS administration and/or competency accreditation
Experience with a variety of authoring tools and/or question-writing software
Excellent communication skills with a variety of managers and end users
Ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently; experience with managing large projects ideal
Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems in the LMS
Demonstrated customer service skills
Demonstrate competence in technical, personal, educational and cognitive skills required to meet essential job functions.
We ask that all interested candidates should send their resume to Michelle Stiver at Michelle.Stiver@osumc.edu