WHO WE ARE
Vertiv designs, builds and services critical infrastructure that enables vital applications for data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial facilities. We support today’s growing mobile and cloud computing markets with a portfolio of power, thermal and infrastructure management solutions.
We offer unsurpassed global scale and broad expertise, built from our heritage as Emerson Network Power. And now as Vertiv, we match industry leadership with the focus and spirit of a startup.
Learning & Development Leader for Americas
Vertiv has a transformational leadership opportunity available to significantly impact the organizational culture and corporate financial results.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
The Leader of Learning & Development for the Americas will drive learning & leadership initiatives and work to connect the Vertiv organization. This will be done by providing strategic direction and thought leadership on our current enterprise wide development programs and processes and on our future needs. And that of our customers. These solutions will be delivered by partnering with external institutions/learning centers and internal stakeholders. This role will ensure Vertiv is developing the skills and capabilities of our people to support the growth and evolution of our business, and will report to the Leader of Organizational Development and Human Resources.
· Be prepared to join a transforming company that is hungry for learning, problem solving, and development opportunities and which acknowledges its weaknesses
· Oversee the alignment and reorganization of the teams that lead all learning & leadership development programs and ensure smooth delivery, working with the teams and leaders, ensure continuous improvements of each program, while maintaining consistency of key learning.
· Consistently assess and measure training and development programs to ensure they are relevant to the needs of the customer and the ever changing business environment.
· Design & execute strategy to establish awareness, build commitment to personal development across the management and executive population.
· Consult with HR Business Partners, senior business leaders & other key stakeholders to perform periodic needs analyses.
· Work closely with HR Business Partners across the enterprise to identify and anticipate learning needs of the front-line and senior level leaders.
· Partner with other development communities internal to Vertiv to share best practices and plans.
· Conduct external research and benchmarking to ensure strategy, content and delivery model are positioned to deliver best-in-class results.
· Define prioritized annual objectives complete with action plans, resourcing models, milestones & metrics of success.
· Establish Vertiv’s learning & leadership development philosophy and strategies. Build a world- class employee orientation and on-boarding program.
· Manage, monitor and ensure performance to budget.
· Develop measures, benchmarks, or scorecards to monitor the effectiveness of leadership development solutions.
· In partnership, select and manage an LMS.
· Designs and incorporates effective communication and feedback methods for leadership development solutions.
· Bachelor's degree in related discipline
· At least 10 years of leadership experience in roles responsible for organizational development, leadership and people development.
· Experience in leading critical technical training programs and sales enablement programs.
· Understands business aligned and outcome driven learning design processes and approaches.
· Strong technical knowledge in areas of adult learning, leadership and executive development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organization Development and Instructional Design .
· Experience working in large, multi-national corporations; strong business acumen.
· Strong project management skills, including a proven track record of leading large, complex projects using standard project management practices and tools
· Expert knowledge and experience with all types of learning delivery methods (in-person, virtual, simulation, online courses, webinars, e-learning)
· Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication and consulting skills. Ability to assess needs, influence, collaborate, deliver and partner at the most senior levels in and across the organization
· Strong experience in facilitating senior leadership engagements
· Proven leader with the ability to build manage people and engage high performing teams.
· High energy with a strong work ethic
· Masters in Organizational Development, Leadership, Adult learning, I/O Psychology, Business Administration or related field strongly preferred
Position Eligibility Requirements:
· Extensive Travel Required for the first 12/18 months.
· Full relocation may be required