The Instructional Designer, Sr. designs, organizes and develops training curricula, materials and programs to meet specific talent development, training, and culture programming needs across the organization. This individual is responsible for analyzing learning and development needs and potential strategies, in collaboration with the Talent Development team and business leaders. This individual will partner with subject matter experts to build, implement, launch and support courses in a variety of platforms including instructor-led, and Web-based/digital/mobile applications (e.g. WebEx, SharePoint and Articulate). The Instructional Designer, Sr. will participate in talent development administration, such as learning management, evaluation, content curation, and human capital management systems.
60%: Design, develop, and deliver training in collaboration with business leaders and the Talent Development team in a variety of platforms, including instructor-led and Web-based training courses and programs.
20%: Strategize, communicate, administrate and evaluate Talent Development portfolio in partnership with Talent Development team.
10%: Confer, as needed, with third-party providers of educational materials and resources to ensure they meet organizational training goals and objectives.
10%: Conduct research and stay current in best practices and benchmarks for instructional design, curriculum development, Web-based/digital/mobile applications.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Course of Study/Major: Instructional Design, Learning & Development, Talent Development, or Educational Technology
Related Work Experience: 6-8 Years
- Strong experience and familiarity with instructional design methodologies, such as ADDIE, SAM, change management/influence approaches, logic modeling, etc.
- Hands-on knowledge of authoring technologies and multimedia design and editing tools, such as Articulate, Captivate and animation design suites
- Experience designing for classroom, distance learning, eLearning and blended approaches
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-development skills