The Instructional Designer is responsible for creating engaging and effective training courses, and will work collaboratively with key stakeholders and the Learning and Development team to design strategic learning plans by leveraging instructional design methodology. Learning solutions that will be designed include; full curricula, workshops, eLearning, job aids, videos, podcasts, etc. Specific duties include development of online training courses, the design of instructional materials for training modules, participant materials and building multiple courses in a learning management system; in order to deliver a world-class learner experience.
Performs duties in alignment with the 2019-2024 COTA Strategic Plan and in support of the organization's vision To Move Every Life Forward.
- Designs and develops professional, management and technical training, including webinars, based on needs identified by Learning and Development Leadership;
- Designs and develops training materials, job aids, and other learning resources to boost eLearning, and employee learning and development;
- Works with key stakeholders to develop training material to achieve critical business objectives;
- Supports Learning and Development team with internal communications. These duties range from ensuring communications meet brand standards, consulting on content, editing, and distribution of monthly reports, announcements, and urgent communications;
- Assists in maintenance of existing material on the Learning and Development intranet page. These duties range from loading, deleting, and updating materials;
- Designs and publishes updated operations manuals, training communications, and training web page;
- Provides visually appealing and simple training solution for employee policies, procedures, and systems;
- Participates in and plan events such as a division conference, team meeting, and energizers to promote a healthy brand culture;
- Continue personal development and learning through continuing education opportunities; and
- Learn and become proficient in the use of all company software programs.
- Regular, predictable and punctual attendance required; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or related field, and three (3) years of experience in Training Curricula, Leadership content design preferred, and E-Learning design; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical Trainer (CTT+) certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and Learning Management Systems;
- Knowledge of SharePoint;
- Knowledge of eLearning platforms and design;
- Self-motivated and highly driven to increase the knowledge of Team COTA
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite, including InDesign;
- Knowledge of federal/state regulations related to training, harassment, employment, and discrimination;
- Knowledge of development, delivery and management of training and development services;
- Skills in verbal and written communication;
- Skills in human relations;
- Ability to develop and complete training needs assessments and develop training curriculum for all levels of employees; and
- Ability to relate to all levels of employees within the organization and to deliver on projects and activities using both an individual and team-based approach.
**This vacancy has been approved as a 6-months temporary position.
Click here to apply.