· Short-term disability
· Wellness activity reimbursement
· Tuition reimbursement
· Professional development
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance
· Paid vacation and sick/personal days
· 401K with company match
· Quarterly bonus
· Voluntary term life insurance for employee, spouse, and children
As a Director of Franchise Training and Development, you are a learning strategist, a master trainer, and a savvy business partner. You understand Charley’s business model and restaurant operations deeply. Your top priority is to equip Charley’s franchisees/operators with the knowledge and skills to operate a Charley’s restaurant at the highest possible level. You develop learning strategies to support the rapid expansion of the brand. You create a culture of learning and continuously improvement. You identify learning/training needs and develop curriculum and engage external resources to address those needs. You embrace the latest learning technology and platforms to strengthen the current training infrastructure. You facilitate training through classroom sessions, onsite training, e-learning, 1-on-1s, and more.
Specifically, your key deliverables will be in the following areas:
- Develop annual learning strategy to address the learning needs and support the rapid expansion of the brand.
- Design and deliver Charley’s Operations Training Program to incoming FOs and operators.
- Source impactful curriculums externally or manage internal curriculum design process.
- Refine/strengthen learning technology infrastructure; engages a variety of learning tools to cater to the learning styles of today’s learners.
Skills that are important for the role:
· Great communicator in writing and speech: clear, concise, impactful, with a sense of humor
· Teaching and training, both 1 on 1 and in group settings.
· Curriculum design: innovate, fresh, engaging content creation
· Project Management: bring project from A to Z within budget and timeline
· Collaboration: work well with diverse personalities, across department lines
· Ability to unlearn: Quickly release old paradigm and practices when they become ineffective
Requirements:- Bachelor’s Degree in Training and Development, Business, Organizational Development, Human Resources Management, or related fields. Advanced degree or SHRM/ATD professional achievement certifications preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ training management experience in instructional design, adult learning theory, preferably in the restaurant industry.
- Understanding and experience in principles of instructional design (ADDIE and SAM)
- Experience with managing the functionality and tools of a Learning Management System
- Experience with managing the functionality and tools of Virtual Learning Platform (i.e. Adobe Connect)
- Experience with classroom training, e-learning training programs, and virtual instructor led training.